GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SCHEME
The focus of this scheme is to provide a level of financial support to tourism and hospitality businesses, in our town centres, to purchase or upgrade equipment to provide additional outdoor seating and, therefore, increase their outdoor dining capacity for the summer of 2021. This scheme will financially assist and support independent tourism and hospitality business owners to create outdoor dining experiences in a regulated and accessible manner. Funding under the scheme is only available to existing businesses.
The Outdoor Seating and Accessories for Tourism & Hospitality Business Scheme will be administered through Local Authorities and each local Authority has the right to use their discretion in regard to their process and the development of appropriate terms and conditions that are appropriate for their respective streetscapes, businesses etc. All applicants will be required to comply with planning codes, legislative requirements and other compliance requirements.
1. Who is Eligible?
- The scheme is open to attractions, hotels, restaurants, cafes, public houses or other tourism and hospitality business establishments where food is sold for consumption on the premises. These premises must have no commercial rates outstanding to the Council as at 31/12/2019 or have a payment plan in place.
2. What Items are considered eligible for the scheme.
- Electric heaters
- Plant stands
- Wooden Platform
The tables and chairs or other furniture shall be of robust and stable construction to prevent movement in adverse weather conditions and be agreed with Fingal County Council.
Screens/windbreakers must be agreed with Fingal County Council and will be subject to the following conditions;
- Screens to be plain, coloured or neutral canvas type, not more than 1 metre high, spanning between or framed by simple metal type posts.
- Screens to be manufactured from flame/fire retardant material.
- Base plates or weighted bases to screening posts must not extend outside the licensed area.
- All screens, posts and bases must be demountable.
- Screens must be sufficiently robust to prevent overturning in adverse weather conditions.
- No advertising apart from the name of the premises to be used on the screens, without the permission of Fingal County Council.
3. Amount of Grant Available
The scheme will provide of up to 75% of the ex-VAT cost of equipment purchased/installed with a maximum allowable contribution of up to €4,000 per applicant.
4. Privacy & Data Protection
or hardcopy from our offices at Fingal County Council, County Hall, Main Street Swords County Dublin Eircode K67X872. If you require further information regarding our Privacy Statement, you can contact us at email@example.com or write to us at: Data Protection Officer, Fingal County Council, County Hall, Main Street Swords, eircode K67X8Y2
5. Applications for Funding Timeline
The scheme will be open from the 12/4/2021 for applications. Applicants will apply through their relevant Local Authority. The scheme will close on the 30/9/2021. All Receipts must be submitted by 31st October 2021.
6. Freedom of Information
Applicants should be aware that, under the Freedom of Information Act 2014, information provided by them in this Application may be liable to be disclosed. Applicants are asked to consider if any of the information provided by them in their Application should not be disclosed because of its confidentiality or commercial sensitivity. If Applicants consider that certain information is not to be disclosed because of its confidentiality or commercial sensitivity, Applicants must, when providing such information, clearly identify such information and specify the reasons for its confidentiality or commercial sensitivity. If Applicants do not identify information as confidential or commercial sensitive, it is liable to be released in response to a Freedom of Information request without further notice or consultation with the Applicant. Fingal County Council will, where possible, consult with the Applicant about confidential or commercial sensitive information so identified before making a decision on a request received under Freedom of Information.
7. Street Furniture Licence
Fingal County Council, Operations Department
For further information on the scheme (including frequently asked questions)
For further information on the ‘Outdoor Seating and Accessories for Tourism and Hospitality Scheme’ please email: